How to get Image Zoom in Foxyshop?

dragonfiy3dragonfiy3 Member
in Help edited October 1
The Foxyshop website claims that it offers product image zoom but I can't seem to figure out how to enable it. How can I enable or use image zoom for my product images?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dragonfiy3,

Good question - to enable the image zoom approach for product images, you'll need to edit the foxyshop-single-product.php theme file.

If you haven't already, copy that file from the /foxyshop/themefiles/ directory into the folder for your site's theme found within wp-content/themes/. Then edit the copy of the file, looking for this line:
    foxyshop_build_image_slideshow("magnific", true);
    and updating it like this:
    foxyshop_build_image_slideshow("cloud-zoom", true);
    After saving - you should then see the product images use the zoom approach.
  • I tried that and it did not work. The foxyshop-single-product.php theme file shows:

foxyshop_build_image_slideshow("magnific", true);
    //foxyshop_build_image_slideshow("prettyPhoto", true);

I tried changing the "magnific," the "prettyPhoto," both, and deleting one of them. I tried this in both the copy in the foxyshop plugin and in the copy I put in my theme folder. Now you can't click on the picture to enlarge it and there is no zoom magnification. Am I missing a step?
    @dragonfiy3,

Is the product image you're using larger than the image on the page? If the image isn't bigger, it won't use the zoom as it doesn't have a higher quality image to use for the zooming. It sounds like that might be what you're experiencing here.
  • Yes it is bigger than the image on the page. When I use the original method that opens a gallery view it shows the original size that is larger. The size displayed on the page is built in.
  • I had actually increased the size of the pictures because I originally thought that was the problem.
    @dragonfiy3,

Thanks for confirming. Any chance you could share (or whisper) a link to your site so we could take a look?
    @dragonfiy3,

Thanks for whispering the website. The zoom plugin is trying to work - but it's running into a javascript error, I believe because it's not compatible with the newer version of jQuery your website it using. It relies on some functionality that was removed in a past version.

I believe if you add the jQuery migrate plugin to your website (https://github.com/jquery/jquery-migrate) that should get it working as it will bring back the functionality it wants.