Upsell subscriptions in checkout

I'm putting this as a "feature request" because I haven't found a way to do it.

I'd like to upsell subscriptions on the checkout page. I don't want to complicate my product menu (we have a very streamlined selection, not a page per product) with subscription options, but was wondering if, when checking out, there's a way to add a user option to select whether this is a one-time, or recurring purchase. Something like this:

So can this be done?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team

Good question. While we do have an upsell helper for the checkout (details on that here), it sounds like you're wanting to change the product already in the cart from a normal product to be a subscription - is that correct?

If so - while it is technically possible, it requires removing the existing product and re-adding the product that was in the cart as a subscription. We don't currently support changing product details other than the quantity once it's in the cart.

If you wanted to tackle it - you'd use JSONP requests to empty the cart and re-add the product that was in there, and details on that can be found here:

We'd also be happy to review your existing add to cart approach if you'd like and see if there was a way we could recommend to implement a subscription toggle as part of it.
  • You guys are awesome - giving me a precise solution as well as easier alternatives. Thank you so much!