Upsell subscriptions in checkout

I'm putting this as a "feature request" because I haven't found a way to do it.

I'd like to upsell subscriptions on the checkout page. I don't want to complicate my product menu (we have a very streamlined selection, not a page per product) with subscription options, but was wondering if, when checking out, there's a way to add a user option to select whether this is a one-time, or recurring purchase. Something like this:

So can this be done?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Kasper,

Good question. While we do have an upsell helper for the checkout (details on that here), it sounds like you're wanting to change the product already in the cart from a normal product to be a subscription - is that correct?

If so - while it is technically possible, it requires removing the existing product and re-adding the product that was in the cart as a subscription. We don't currently support changing product details other than the quantity once it's in the cart.

If you wanted to tackle it - you'd use JSONP requests to empty the cart and re-add the product that was in there, and details on that can be found here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/jsonp

We'd also be happy to review your existing add to cart approach if you'd like and see if there was a way we could recommend to implement a subscription toggle as part of it.
  • KasperKasper Member
    You guys are awesome - giving me a precise solution as well as easier alternatives. Thank you so much!