error message and no fields ocheckout screen

njwfxnjwfx Member
Hi

We have one client who was unable to complete checkout in our shop using his Mac desktop computer.

He sucessfully added a product and entered his postcode in the side cart.

After clicking on the 'proceed to checkout' button the checkout page displayed as per this image:

https://app.box.com/s/ie72qx4i9ea7ve7psmc2jy8537pbaywf

As you can see in the image, there are no checkout fields and there is a message across the top that says 'one item is missing'

Note that he then used his phone and was able to successfully complete the checkout on his phone.

It seems that the above error was reproducible as he provided the screen shot later, so must have tried the process again to create the screenshot

We have had over 100 succesful transactions since launching the shop, with only this customer having a problem.

What sort of error should I be looking for here?

Thanks

Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @njwfx,

Thanks for reaching out - that's quite a strange error!

Did the customer confirm which browser they were using on their Mac by chance? Also - to confirm, the screenshot is exactly how they saw it as soon as they reached the checkout from the cart? They didn't see the checkout fields at all?

I tried out your store on both Chrome and Safari on OSX - but both behaved as expected. If your customer is able to replicate it reliably - we may need to ask for their assistance in doing some quick debugging if that would be ok?
  • njwfxnjwfx Member
    Thanks for looking into this for me.

Yes that is exactly how they saw it - no checkout fields visible.

I may be able to find out the browser version, but I think that's about as far as I can go in terms of inconveniencing the customer.

If you can't think of anything obvious that would be causing it then we'll just have to monitor the situation and see if it happens again

Thanks
  • njwfxnjwfx Member
    The customer has let us know the browser version which is:

Google Chrome
    Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I'm wondering if they may have a plugin that is interferring with the checkout process.

• njwfxnjwfx Member
    The customer has confirmed that they have an ad blocker - so this may be the problem?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @njwfx,

Thanks for confirming that. If the ad blocker was especially overzealous it could have impacting things - but it would be surprising if that was the case. The ad blocker should have a pause or whitelisting feature that the customer could use while on your checkout - to see if that gets it working for them perhaps?

Did they happen to mention which ad blocker they're using?