Why no Shipping Service Description?

Hey guys,

I'm noticing that many of our orders have no "shipping service description" and I can't figure out why. We only offer one type of shipping, which is always free, and is described as "Free Shipping (3-4 days in the US)".

For example;

Transaction 1359417462:
"shipping_service_description": ""

Transaction 1241079458:
"shipping_service_description": "Free Shipping (3-4 days in the US)"

Any idea why this is happening?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Epotratz,

Thanks for posting - sorry to hear the shipping label isn't setting as expected consistently. We'll dig in and see if we can spot what might be happening.
  • @fc_adam ,

Any luck finding why our shipping service isn't showing for certain orders?

BTW, it appears that our shipping_service_description is only coming from the "language" settings where we've set "Free Shipping (3-4 days in the US)" for cart_shipping_and_handling, checkout_flat_rate_shipping, and checkout_shipping_free_ground_shipping just to be sure that the customer sees the same shipping method across the cart, checkout, and email receipts. We aren't using any methods as defined in the Foxycart "shipping" settings.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Epotratz,

Thanks for pinging the thread. Unfortunately we don't have anything to report yet. I have been able to experience it happening - but not yet replicating it reliably. We'll follow-up as we find more information.