What happens if we change the category_code name?

Hey guys,

What happens if we change the "category code" here?

I'm assuming we'll need to update our add-to-cart links and forms, but what will happen to our existing subscriptions? Or will they automatically update with the new category_code?

Thanks.
Comments
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    Hello @Epotratz

The categories will update on the existing subscriptions when changed in via the categories settings.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you need additional information.
  • Hey @fc_marija

Ok, good to know.

We're also going to making some changes to our "code" and "productid" values for our add-to-cart links and forms, and we want to update these values for our existing subscriptions too. Do you guys have any scripts you can share for updating transaction_templates?

Thanks,

• fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Epotratz,

Good question - I don't think so, but I'll check with the team and we'll follow-up if we do.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We don't have any examples but it should be no different than updating a normal cart with items. If you're just changing the text of the code, you shouldn't have to do anything as the category relationship configured on the items is done via an internal identifier. You'll only need to change things if you want to actually change which category an item is in. In that case, you'll be modifying the item_category_uri via a PATCH here: https://api.foxycart.com/rels/item

The items collection on the transaction_template would be what you want to update.
  • Hey @luke

What happens if we delete a category that is being used for active subscriptions?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Epotratz,

Good question. If you delete a category that was being used on active subscriptions, those subscriptions will be switched to using the default category instead for all future renewals.