Foxycart customer "id" value unique?

Hey guys,

We're building an integration between Foxycart > Klaviyo, and trying to decide on our unique customer identifier to minimize duplicate/alias profiles in our email marketing software.

It appears that if a customer checks out as a guest (i.e.,"is_anonymous": false), their email can appear multiple times under fx:customers. So, as long as the customer is a "guest" we'd use their email as the unique identifier. But if a customer registers, I have a few questions:

1) If a registered customer changes their email, will they still have the same customer id?

2) Is it possible to find the same customer id between "is_anonymous": true and "is_anonymous": false customers?

3) Is it possible to find the same customer id between two different foxycart stores?

Thanks.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited November 14
    @Epotratz,

Good questions.
    1) If a registered customer changes their email, will they still have the same customer id?
    Yes - the customer ID will remain consistent if an existing customer changes their email. Worth noting - we don't currently provide any UI for a customer to do that, though it is possible to set up a custom interface with the API that does.
    2) Is it possible to find the same customer id between "is_anonymous": true and "is_anonymous": false customers?
    3) Is it possible to find the same customer id between two different foxycart stores?
    No - the customer ID should be unique to that customer in both instances.

I hope that helps!