Subscription Transaction Failed: You passed an empty string for 'user_agent'.

blacblac Member
in Help edited November 16
A long time subscription customer updated his credit card info after receiving note that the renewal didn't go through since his expiration date changed.

Then Foxycart attempted to renew, and credit card payment didn't go through. I tried manually and got this message:
Subscription Transaction Failed: Error: Your payment was declined for the following reason: You passed an empty string for 'user_agent'. We assume empty values are an attempt to unset a parameter; however 'user_agent' cannot be unset. You should remove 'user_agent' from your request or supply a non-empty value.

What should I do to get the charge on his card to go through?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hey @blac. That sounds like it might be a bug. Could you whisper me your store domain and the subscription details (like subscription email address)? Thanks!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @blac, (also in response to some whispers)

Quick update for you here - we've been able to roll out a change on our side that has corrected that issue. Automated attempts to capture past due amounts should now work as expected. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for your patience while we looked into it.