Subscription datafeed for canceled subscriptions on the cancellation schedule?

Hey guys,

What would the subscription datafeed look like for subscriptions that are being canceled via our "cancellation schedule" from an unpaid past due balance?

Am I able to see our subscription datafeed anywhere?

Thanks.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Epotratz,

That's a great question. If a subscription is automatically cancelled through your store's dunning settings because it's still past due, the subscription will be updated with an end date of today's date. It will then be included in the subscription datafeed as having ended that day.

We don't currently have a way for you to see the contents of the subscription datafeed in the admin - but you could certainly write it to a file from your endpoint to review the format and contents as needed there.
  • @fc_adam

Ok, great. Do you guys have an example of a data feed with an automatic cancellation?

I'm trying to identify a data point that we could use to identify automatic cancellations vs. manual cancellations, assuming such a thing exists.
    @Epotratz,

Currently there isn't any difference between a subscription that was automatically cancelled versus one that was cancelled by the customer or by a staff member. Both will be identified as a cancelled subscription by the end date being todays date.
  • @fc_adam

I just realized that cancellation receipts are sent to our customers for automatic cancellations, but I can't find any record of the transactions when I search the reference #. (e.g., reference # 364300054)

Does this transaction not really exist?

Thanks,
    @Epotratz,

Ah good question - sorry for the confusion there. There isn't a transaction for the cancellation - the subscription is just simply cancelled and an email is sent to the customer (and to the store if it's set to BCC) to let them know. In that context, the transaction ID and associated details aren't actually relevant - so we'll get that section removed for the dunning cancellation email to remove that confusion.
  • @fc_adam

Ok, but if we're able to turn it into a real transaction that would be even better. That way, we could send a webhook from OrderDesk for the auto-cancellation transaction. (We're sending all customer 'events' to our email marketing platform)
    @Epotratz,

The subscription datafeed will be the best way to get notified of subscriptions cancelling - but I know that doesn't allow you to know if the subscription was cancelled via the dunning cancellation or not.

Actually - you could check if the subscription has a past due amount and the first failed date is 30 days ago (or whatever your setting is for the cancellation schedule). That should get you a fairly reliable way to detect subscriptions cancelled by the dunning.