Coupon being applied to incorrect category

EpotratzEpotratz Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited December 2017
Guys,

We have a "one-time purchased item" category coupon here:

But it's being applied to the recurring item in addition to the category discount in the cart:

If you follow this link with a discount, and add the item to the cart, you will see the one-time item is being propertly discounted but the recurring item is being discounted when it shouldn't be.

Strangely, after I place the order (Order #
1401413207) and click on the sub_token link, it shows the correct price with only the category discount applied:

So maybe the coupon won't actually be applied when the subscription runs?

Can you guys fix how it originally appears in the cart and checkout?

Thanks,
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hey @Epotratz
    I might not be 100% understanding, but I think this might help a little:

* The charge on the future subscriptions will be fine. Coupons are evaluated at the time the subscriptions are run, so if they're invalid (for the contents of the sub at that point), they'll be removed from the sub.

* The display is a little weird, but I think that's related to a known issue regarding taxes/discounts for future subscriptions. We'll double check that for you. I want to be up front there, though, because that may not be something that we can easily fix at this point in v2.0. Not that we don't want to, but I think this is caused by much more challenging issues that aren't easily remedied.

* I'm unclear on this point, but are you expecting the "don't apply line item discounts if this coupon is used" to impact a product that the coupon doesn't actually touch? In other words, if a coupon is for Product A, only Product A's line-item discounts would be removed. Not Product B's. Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but I wanted to point that out just in case.
  • EpotratzEpotratz Member
    edited December 2017
    @brett,

Sorry, I can see the confusion now. I will try to explain better.

The only issue is that the FRIENDSAVE coupon is being shown/deducted in the "Next Charge" section for the subscription item during the initial purchase. (The recurring item already has the $10 category discount applied as it should)

I think the problem is that foxycart is not checking the category of the item(s) in the cart when applying the coupons in the "Next Charge" section. The product in the "Next Charge" section is in the "Palm Fruit recurring" category, but the coupon is not supposed to be applied to that category!

Regarding the "don't apply line item discounts if this coupon is used" setting, I don't think it has any relevance to this issue. I think the only reason I have that checked is to avoid "double discounts" if I ever applied line item discount(s) to that category of products.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Ok, cool. Thanks for clarifying. You're doing some cool stuff, but there are a ton of options and possibilities, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
    The only issue is that the FRIENDSAVE coupon is being shown/deducted in the "Next Charge" section for the subscription item during the initial purchase. (The recurring item already has the $10 category discount applied as it should)
    Understood. I wonder if this might be related to those two products being grouped. We'll have to test a little more, and, like I mentioned, we do have known issues with the future price in certain circumstances (related to taxes and multiship and such). It's possible that those products being bundled confuses things a little.

I don't think this will be a "quick" fix for us, though, so would you be interested in an interim solution? Easiest would simply be to hide the price in the "next charge" section via CSS or the cart twig template. I know that removes some useful information, but perhaps it's good enough (for now) to clarify when the next charge will happen, as the charge next time is pretty clearly the price of the recurring piece.
  • Hey Brett,

Thanks for the feedback.

I would like to point out that the sub_token updates don't show the FRIENDSAVE coupon in the Next Charge section so the cart is working like it should in that instance. Like you said, the issue may be related to the item being a child item in the initial purchase and perhaps the "Next Charge" is incorrectly categorizing the child product under it's parent category.
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    Hi @Epotratz-

Just letting you know that we pushed a fix out for this today. Let us know if you have any questions.
  • Hey @fc_marija Yes, looks like its working now!

Great!