Google Analytics Categories

Hi, We only have a single DEFAULT product category, and thus in GA thats the category that gets added, Is there anyway to get more specific categories in GA without needing to create multiple categories in FC? I'd like to be able to segment orders by category in GA, but dont really want to have to duplicate the category settings within FC since they are all the same.

thanks!
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Short answer is "not easily, no". Is your default category sufficiently detailed to where it'd cause a problem to duplicate? How many categories are you needing?
  • 10 or so, more than I'd like to have to duplicate, especially since we are taking advantage of the ability to send a custom admin email via the default category, so every time that changed I'd need to go into each category and ensure the template was updated.

We are getting ready to start some marketing and sales goals based on particular market and product segments and it will be important to be able to track conversions by these segments.

I'll duplicate if necessary, but wanted to see if there was a way around that...DRY and all...
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @freshjones, thanks for the extra info. The email templates definitely could be annoying. We'll discuss things a little on our end to see what other options there might be. GA tends to be one of those things that's tremendously easy to screw up, so we always approach our GA integration with caution.