coupon code for free shipping

njwfxnjwfx Member
I have a custom shipping endpoint.

I have set up a coupon code to use for free shipping and just set the coupon as $0 discount.

In my custom shipping endpoint code, I check for the coupon and if it is there, then I set the shipping as free.

This all works BUT the coupon is not being marked as 'used' in the admin 'coupons' page.

Also, although the coupon appears on the email it doesn't show up on the invoice page nor in the transaction list on the backend. (The shipping itself is showing correctly as free)

Is there some way of fixing this or a different approach to free shipping with a coupon?

Thanks
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @njwfx,

Good question. Currently coupons will only be marked as used and recorded against the transaction if it applies some form of discount to it. As the free shipping coupon isn't affecting the transaction at all (as it's $0), it's not marked as used.

Your best bet, albeit not really a great option, would be to have the coupon apply some form of discount to the transaction. That could be as low as 1¢ - but doing so would cause the coupon to be tracked as used.

Beyond that - I'm going to open a ticket on our side to discuss changes we could make to allow you to configure a coupon to still track usage for a $0 discount, and we'll follow-up as we're able to make any progress with that.
  • njwfxnjwfx Member
    Thanks for your prompt reply.

I think a 1c (or similar) discount is going to be confusing, so I'm hoping you are able to make some sort of change on your end.
  • njwfxnjwfx Member
    Any update on this one? Thanks
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @njwfx,

Thanks for pinging this thread. Unfortunately no update yet on tracking $0 coupons, although it is something we've been discussing still. We're currently finishing up a new shipping feature to make the ability to set custom shipping rates natively in the admin - we may be able to look at better support for changing shipping with coupons after that too as part of looking at tracking $0 coupons.
  • njwfxnjwfx Member
    Thanks for the update :-)