Embedding a Checkout

davcom1davcom1 Member
Hi, I'm looking to have a one page landing/checkout where a user only has to put in their info and click "buy," essentially. I've mostly accomplished this with an iframe and using the cart=checkout parameter, but it's not very elegant. Is there a better way that allows for more customized fields? It would be nice if I could just open the sidecart straight to checkout. Thanks!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @davcom1,

Good question. We don't natively support an embedded checkout at this time, but it is something we're discussing to support more in the future. Some stores have taken the approach you detail though, using an iFrame to include the checkout on their site.

Do you just have the one product that you're selling, which is why you're wanting to just have the checkout straight up? If so - you could set up your navigation link in your main menu for purchasing as an add to cart that also directs the customer straight to the FoxyCart checkout as a cart=checkout link. If you then update your checkout template to match in with your existing website's design, it'd look like the customer never left the website to reach the checkout and the product will already be added ready for them to enter their details.
  • That's what I thought, thank you!