Restricting purchases outside of shipping area

I'm talking with a furniture store who would like to upgrade their site for customers to be able to order online and get the items delivered.

The store is in a remote area of Scotland, so the delivery will only be to certain areas for a set fee (perhaps dependent on mileage).

Is it possible to restrict online orders outside of these areas, so if they enter a postcode that's 200 miles away, the cart will say "Sorry, we cannot deliver to this destination, please contact us"

If not, any alternative suggestions would also be welcome.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @MagicMark,

Thanks for posting to ask. You could definitely set up that kind of functionality with FoxyCart. Using our custom shipping endpoint feature, you could work out what the shipping fee would be based on the customers address, and return that rate back to the customer on the cart/checkout. If the customer is too far away, you could instead return an error to the customer, preventing them from being able to complete the checkout and giving them details on what to do next.

I hope that helps! Let us know if we can assist with anything else.
  • Thank you Adam,

At least I can say that it's possible to them. It will be them that do the delivery so it won't need live shipping fees, which hopefully makes it a little easier!