Multi-Ship has issues with Paypal/missing information

RyuheiRyuhei Member
Hi FC team,
Working on a client site. Having issues with the multi-ship and the flat rate shipping rates when buying through Paypal (works just fine on CC). Once we press buy, it asks for the "missing information" which we've already filled out (that being the flat rates selected).

I'm not exactly sure why. Looks like FC.json.total_shipping is correct and so is the multiship_data.
We're using the latest version of the Front-end Flatrate shipping code (release 2.0.11).
Can post the link privately too.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with the shipping. If you could whisper us the store details, we'd be happy to take a closer look and see if we can tell what's happening.
  • RyuheiRyuhei Member
    @fc_adam bump. Let me know if you didn't get the whisper.

Thanks for whispering the link - I can see what you mean there. I think I have an idea what that could be, I'll followup again with more details once I've confirmed.
  • RyuheiRyuhei Member
    Thanks! Please let me know if you figure out what's wrong.
  • RyuheiRyuhei Member
    @fc_adam I know you're probably busy, but it would be awesome if you could tell us what your idea might be? Thanks

Sorry for the delay in responding! The issue here looks to be a conflict between the custom flat rates snippet and our Google Analytics integration. We'd recommend moving from the custom flat rates snippet to our custom shipping endpoint functionality - which along with fixing this issue, will be a more stable way to provide custom shipping rates for your customers.

We have details on our custom shipping feature here: I noticed from looking at your store you're using Wordpress - so you'd be able to make use of our PHP helper library for the endpoint, detailed here:

That said, I've just quickly ported over your existing custom logic to the endpoint to help you get that set up - I'll whisper you details of that following this post.
  • RyuheiRyuhei Member
    @fc_adam I changed it over to the REST endpoint for shipping pricing. Looks like the switch didn't help this particular issue.

I did also disable the GA integration for now on the backend. While it did help a little bit, we're still stick with the "missing information" in general (at the top, it says "Please select a shipping option." and asks for "1 required piece of information is missing" on the alert bar). You'll want to try to ship to two separate recipients again to see the error.

Is there a good way to debug this? I'm a full stack dev (PHP and JS) and if you point me in the right direction, I might be able to solve this pretty quickly (a way to get to a debug log, common issue areas, etc).
  • RyuheiRyuhei Member
    We have a problem here. The last set of changes have made it so that nothing works anymore, even the CC payment stuff. I'm going to reverse the last set of changes and wait for you to figure out a solution.
    Let me know what you can do.
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    edited March 9
    Hi @Ryuhei -

I want to get an idea of where you're at now. I tested the cart with PayPal and it does let me go to the PayPal page without showing the error, is that your experience as well?

I'm just wondering if you just reverted the shipping changes and the GA integration is still disabled, and that has allowed the checkout to work for both CC and PayPal for now.
  • RyuheiRyuhei Member
    Hi @fc_marija ,
    I just re-tested myself and to my surprise, it seems to be working again (w/ multi-ship). Not exactly sure what prompted this change, but looks like its going through the way its supposed to.
    I'm confused as this wasn't the case an hour ago? I'll reconfirm with my client.