How to make some changes to have an reverse cart (Buy items from costumers)

Hi, i would like to use the foxycart to purchase items from my costumers as well. So i would have tow functions on my site, one to sell items to costumers and other to buy items from them. I would like to make some changes and instead of having on checkout nº 3 a payment option, replace it with a form so user could input they bank account details, so i could wire the money to them after receiving my items.

So basicaly i would need a form on nº 3 step on checkout.

At number 4, i would need to have a text (with instructions) to our costumers.

These infos nº 3 and 4 should also be printed on receipt and sent on emails.

Please tell me this is possible!

Thanks!
Comments
  • I have created a template set, payment set and a specific cateforie for this reverse e-commerce.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @leaodonorte,

Good question. We do indeed support adding in custom fields on the checkout however you need. You could definitely customise the payment section to add in your own custom fields there. We would still technically need to have a payment method utilised that we support - but you could utilise purchase orders for that, setting the value as a hidden field so that no payment is captured.

One really important point though is that those custom fields will not be encrypted on our side, and as emails are not a secure form of communication, they obviously won't be secured there either. Are the customers bank details sensitive information that the need to be handled securely, or are the details they provide only used for depositing funds? If they need to be handled securely, then capturing those as custom fields on our checkout is not something we'd be able to support, but if they're ok to be out in the open, then that would be possible.
  • Hi Adam, bank details is not something that needs protection, tax id o the other hand is. So, to make a wire transfer to a costumer we will need his tax id, and bank details.

So i am sure we are fine protecting the tax id only.

@leaodonorte,

Thanks for the update - you mentioned the tax ID there, that needs to be handled securely? Could you confirm that? That value will be included in the email openly too.
  • Hi Adam, we do not need tax id on this new form. We will only need the costumer to include his bank details like:

Nome do banco: (A drop down list)
    Agência:
    Conta:

All other detail we may need is already given by default at checkout.
  • Hi Adam, just to make it clear in Brazil the tax id is not a kind of classifieds info, can be sent over emails, regular mail, and is presented on bills like, phones, credit card statement and others.
    @leaodonorte,

Thanks for clarifying. You mentioned needing to protect the tax ID, so I had assumed that it needed to be kept private. As we don't currently encrypt the tax ID at all, I wanted to confirm that with you.

We can give you an example of how you could customise the payment section with a custom form. Could I confirm with you how you'll determine if the customer is selling something to you rather than purchasing from you? Will it be a specific category or code? Or something else?
  • Hi Adam,

Thanks for the code, we are almost there.

1º The message to be showned only to costumers that are selling items to us is working very well. Thanks!

2º The message that should be showned only to costumers that are buying items from us, is be showned for the costumers that are selling items to us instead to costumers buying from us (its blank).

You can test it here: https://www.ptax.com.br/cotacao-criptomoeda/bitcoin-btc

3º For costumers that would buy items from us, we had a code that repeats its tax id number (as a PO number), and with the new code this function was disableld. This (repeat the tax id) is not necessary for costumers buying from us, and so we could simple make this field PO#desapear from the PO form for costumers buying from us ( we get his tax id from the biling address anyway).

Thanks!
    @leaodonorte,

Thanks for the update - I'm glad it's mostly working for you!
    The message that should be showned only to costumers that are buying items from us, is be showned for the costumers that are selling items to us instead to costumers buying from us (its blank).
    Sorry, I must have put in the wrong category code in that javascript snippet you added to the footer. Look for this line: if (FC.json.items[i].category == "VDCRYPTO") { and replace the category code value with the one for when customers purchase from you. That should get it working for you.
    For costumers that would buy items from us, we had a code that repeats its tax id number (as a PO number), and with the new code this function was disableld. This (repeat the tax id) is not necessary for costumers buying from us, and so we could simple make this field PO#desapear from the PO form for costumers buying from us ( we get his tax id from the biling address anyway).
    Correcting the category code above should also bring back the tax ID duplication you had set up.
  • @fc_adam Have no words to thank you!

Its working perfeclty!

many, many thanks!