Is the subscription sub_token returned in future transactions XML?

dmchengdmcheng Member
in General edited March 27
Hello. I'm a developer who is new to Foxycart and I'm doing some integration with Salesforce. My client is a nonprofit who is already using Foxycart so that its constituents can set up monthly recurring donations to the organization.

I see that there is a "sub_token" that identifies the subscription. My question: is this sub_token returned in the future transactions' XML? I am capturing the subscription and all future transactions into Salesforce, so I need the sub_token in future transactions in order to link them to the subscription record in Salesforce.

I've looked through the documentation but I couldn't find an example of a future transaction from a subscription. I've seen a sub_token_url appearing in examples in Transaction XML datafeed -- is that the only place where the token appears?
Comments
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    Hello @dmcheng -

Every item in the Transaction datafeed will have a sub_token_url regardless of whether or not it's a future transaction (sub). If you take a look at our documentation here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/webhooks#example_payload you'll see that sub_token_url under fx:items The url is at the line item level.

Does that answer your question? Please let us know if I've misunderstood what you meant by "future transactions XML". I'm assuming that you mean a subscription that is put in the cart with a future start date.