Address bug in foxycart receipts

Don't know how long this is happening but for some time now the Dutch foxycart receipts are a bit mixed up. The city of the buyer's address gets a number/code that's automatically added. Maybe a citycode or something. It's not something that is added by the buyer. Looks like a bug to me.

Not necessarily a bug but something that would make it a bit easier to handle afterwards is the placement of the number of the streetaddress. As it is now the number is shown on a new line, where it would be more appropriate to be shown after the name of the street. Is that something that can be fixed somewhere in the store-account settings?

Best,
/ Ton
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited April 5
    @t12,

Thanks for posting. The number you're seeing there is a numerical code that represents the region for the customers address. This number isn't commonly used at all though, so is a confusing value to see as part of the address.

We have a ticket to get that corrected, and is something we've been working on, but it's been a bit of a difficult issue on our side. As an interim solution, if you turn off the postcode lookup functionality on the "configuration" section of your store's Foxy administration, that will prevent the issue from happening. It will mean that customers will need to manually enter their city and region (as required) though.
    Not necessarily a bug but something that would make it a bit easier to handle afterwards is the placement of the number of the streetaddress. As it is now the number is shown on a new line, where it would be more appropriate to be shown after the name of the street. Is that something that can be fixed somewhere in the store-account settings?
    Is that issue seperate to the one above? If so - could you whisper to me an example transaction that we could look at? From your description it sounds like the customer entered the number within the address line 2 - but I'd like to confirm by looking at the actual transaction.
  • t12t12 Member
    @fc_adam Looks like buyers themselves are putting the number in address line 2. I made some changes in the store admin config to hide address line 2. We'll see what happens.
    As for the regional code number - glad that will be fixed. As for now I have deactivated the postcode lookup functionality. Thanks!
  • zlbzlb Member
    @fc_adam
    Any update on this? I love the autocomplete address feature and would like to be able to use it, but the same issue happens with region codes in Sweden.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @zlb,

Thanks for checking in. Unfortunately we haven't been able to release any changes for this yet. We do have this thread noted within our discussion though, so we'll be sure to update here when any changes are made. Sorry that it's taking longer than hoped to get it updated.