Need Clarification on SubscriptionDataFeed

enmincenminc Member
I understand that this is not the complete list and just those things that have changed or will be expiring, etc. However, does it include the initial subscriptions that are new that given day? I am wanting to keep an up to date in sync subscription model within the website date model and not clear if I can get the initial subscription info through this feed or if I have to identify it within the transaction and then look it up through the API.

Thanks
Adam
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @enminc,

Good question. The subscription datafeed doesn't include new subscriptions as part of it's payload - it just provides information about existing subscriptions.

For what you're after though - we'd recommend integrating with our new JSON webhook functionality. Along with lots of improvements over our transactional XML datafeed, (like automatic retries, multiple endpoints, better encryption) it includes some additional helper attributes. In particular, it includes a node for is_new_subscription which you can use to quickly tell if the transaction includes a new subscription.
  • enmincenminc Member
    Thanks, for the info. Can I run the webhook and the XML feed at the same time? Also, are there plans to provide the Subscription Data Feed through the same webhook and JSON format too?
  • enmincenminc Member
    I assume if I do not go webhook for now then I would be triggering off (date("Y-m-d",strtotime("now")) == date("Y-m-d", strtotime($subscription_startdate))
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @enminc,
    Can I run the webhook and the XML feed at the same time? Also, are there plans to provide the Subscription Data Feed through the same webhook and JSON format too?
    Yes - you can still make use of the XML datafeed while using the new webhooks at the same time, no problems there.

We are planning to add in more triggers for the webhooks moving forward, the next on our list will be a trigger for cancelled subscriptions.
    I assume if I do not go webhook for now then I would be triggering off (date("Y-m-d",strtotime("now")) == date("Y-m-d", strtotime($subscription_startdate))
    That would be the best way to go about it with the XML datafeed, you're spot on.