Add EasyPost as an endpoint

summersabsummersab Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited April 30
I have a rather interesting idea. Why not add support for EasyPost as an available shipping endpoint option? There are a TON of good reasons for doing so:
  • Easily supports the carriers available in FoxyCart and adds several others
  • Adds in support for SurePost and SmartPost (which, by the way, could be added to FoxyCart - I just discovered that UPS SurePost customers have a static rate sheet for this service that can be requested from their account rep)
  • Address verification service
  • Transit estimates are returned in EasyPost requests
  • Ability to create reusable "parcels" that could be assigned to FoxyCart product categories
  • EasyPost can pre-fetch labels - this returns a unique shp_XXX ID that can later be recalled to print labels from something like Order Desk
I think that it would solve a load of headaches and provide for some additional flexibility and customization. Thoughts?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @summersab,

Thanks for posting! We are looking at a number of different shipping services like EasyPost, Shippo and others as we work towards improving our shipping functionality. You're spot on that it would add in some great opportunities for users.

For what it's worth an integration to get the rates from these types of services is possible now using our custom shipping endpoint, but we don't currently support displaying estimates to customers natively (also something we're working towards)