I have a rather interesting idea. Why not add support for EasyPost as an available shipping endpoint option? There are a TON of good reasons for doing so:
- Easily supports the carriers available in FoxyCart and adds several others
- Adds in support for SurePost and SmartPost (which, by the way, could be added to FoxyCart - I just discovered that UPS SurePost customers have a static rate sheet for this service that can be requested from their account rep)
- Address verification service
- Transit estimates are returned in EasyPost requests
- Ability to create reusable "parcels" that could be assigned to FoxyCart product categories
- EasyPost can pre-fetch labels - this returns a unique shp_XXX ID that can later be recalled to print labels from something like Order Desk
I think that it would solve a load of headaches and provide for some additional flexibility and customization. Thoughts?