Subscription payments with Stripe and Foxycart

I'm using foxycart integrated into my webflow site.

I've (I think) attached it to my Stripe account. However I'm clueless about how to set up recurring payments.

I know that foxycart doesn't process csc for recurring payments. I was wondering is it still compatible with Stripe for recurring / subcription payments in that case.

Can anyone point me to more information on this, a tutorial or share their experiences of running recurring payments through foxy cart & stripe.

Thanks in advance!
Comments
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hi @SamLondon.
    Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. That's awesome that you're using Webflow. If you haven't already, please take a look at this page: https://kb.foxy.io/article/33-getting-started-with-foxy-webflow

To create a subscription based product, all you need to do is pass the "sub_frequency" parameter with a supported value (ex: 1m, 1d, 1y) You can learn more here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/cheat_sheet#subscription_product_options To confirm, Foxy handles the subscription functionality, so nothing has to be configured in Stripe.

Feel free to send more information about your setup (using CMS, not using CMS, are all products recurring, etc.) and we can send you detailed instructions.

Thanks,
    Josh

• SamLondonSamLondon Member
    Thanks mate, I don't use CMS as I have just four products, all subscription products.

I currently just use the html embed within webflow to integrate foxycart - is this where I add the 'sub_frequency' parameter?

Best
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hi @SamLondon.
    Thank you for confirming. If you are using a link based product, you'll add the following to your link:

&sub_frequency=1m

If you're doing a form based product, you'll add the following in between the opening and closing form tags:

<input type="hidden" name="sub_frequency" value="1m" />

If you want to allow customers to choose the frequency, you can add something like this to your form:

<select name="sub_frequency">
    <option value="">One-time</option>
    <option value="1m">Monthly</option>
    <option value="1y">Yearly</option>
    </select>

Of course, you can modify those as needed. Please let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,
    Josh