Mailchimp Integration Error

artdoerartdoer Member
Hi guys,

I have been following the instructions for integrating Mailchimp: https://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/mailchimp
And manage to proceed to the testing part using test.xmldatafeed.php .
When opening this file in my browser I received the following error
Unable to load listSubscribe()! MailChimp reported error: Code=502 Msg=Something went wrong, please try again later.

I have double checked the datafeed keys and URL files for both Foxycart Store > Advanced and fc-mailchimp.php and test.xmldatafeed.php
What other issues could it be? The step before this was successful (https://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/mailchimp_test) and I manage to add an entry into my Mailchimp list. Any advice will be great.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @artdoer,

Thanks for posting - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble configuring the integration with Mailchimp.

The error you're seeing returned there is coming back via Mailchimp's API - so it does sound like your Foxy and Mailchimp API keys are correct there, or you'd be seeing different errors returned.

Unfortunately with the error they're returning there it's not really providing much information about what actually is going wrong - which really isn't helpful. The fact that the Mailchimp test script works, but the test xmldatafeed doesn't would make me lean towards perhaps an issue with the data being sent. I'm not sure if Mailchimp expose any error log within their administration that might help pinpoint the issue?

As an aside - we have a native integration with Zapier as a new feature in 2.0 stores. It's currently in beta, but that can help simplify the connection between FoxyCart and Mailchimp and getting new customers added into mailing lists. If you'd like - we can share with you the beta access link, and you can use Zapier instead of the datafeed to get subscribers added.
  • artdoerartdoer Member
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. Would love to get the beta access link for Zapier. Does it work with the free version of Zapier?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @artdoer,

Sure thing! I'll whisper a link now, and yep, it works with free tier Zapier accounts too.