Purchase that creates coupon codes

Brett, Luke, let me know if this is even possible.

I need to allow an organization to purchase access to an app for say 20 users. The users need to own their accounts independent of the organization. I was thinking of having the organization purchase a coupon code (or 20 of them) that they give to people they invite. The coupon is for 100% of the price, making their purchase $0. (There are no taxes. This is a service.)

A) Is it possible and how? B) If not, got another way?

Thanks in advance!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jwmsales,

Good question - thanks for posting. While we don't have native functionality that will automatically create coupons for you - it is possible to use our API to create coupons automatically based on completed transactions in your store. This would require some server-side coding to achieve, but you could have a set up which detects bulk purchases, creates a matching coupon and then emails details about the coupon to the customer's email address. You would trigger your functionality using our webhooks.

Using this approach - each of the 20 users would then need to complete a purchase through your store using the coupon.

Could that work? Let us know if we can provide any further details on working with the API or this approach generally.
  • jwmsalesjwmsales Member
    Thanks, Adam,

That's exactly what I was looking for. The purchase creates a membership in the site using the API (for the organization) and that would just be another step. There are actually 3 levels of purchase (20, 40, 100) and I could create a category for them and generate the coupons on that -- then send the email. I suppose I could even store the coupon codes in their account in the database and remove them once used, or maybe show who used it. That way they would have access to them. I didn't realize the coupons could be generated that way. Cool solution.

Thanks, again