Question about a somewhat unique store

Hi, my name is Jack. I am currently working on creating a store for an online business that has been in the making for awhile. I want to sell a library of digital assets but I don't want to sell the digital assets themselves. Instead, I want to have a subscription service that is linked to a customers account on my website. With the subscription active I want to provide them with access to the library of digital products online through the website. An example of a very similar store that I would like to create can be found here: https://www.poliigon.com/

I'm wondering whether or not this is possible with Foxycart and how I can get started creating such a store.

Thanks for the support, - Jack
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @JackMillard,

Thanks for posting! Foxy can definitely help you with that kind of configuration - but would be one portion of the set up.

Foxy can allow you to sell subscriptions - but you would need to have on your side somewhere to manage the user login/access. When users purchase subscriptions, you can then create the matching user on your side (if they're not already) and mark them as having an active subscription. If a logged in user visits your site, you can then decide if they should have access to the library or not. If a users subscription is cancelled, you can then remove that access until they start a new subscription in the future.

We have a number of features that would help with that kind of set up, obviously our subscription functionality, but also our webhooks and single sign on functionality.