The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

tracking the sidecart deployment with google analytics

PhilippePhilippe Member
in Help edited August 2018
We would like to track the sidecart deployment - (to understand if a customer was discouraged after checking the shipping- or whether they actually proceeded to the checkout).

We do not use Gtag, just the regular analytics.js - is there a way to track when the sidecart was deployed, via an event for example ?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited August 2018
    @Philippe,

If you're utilising our native GA integration (which I believe you are), the Sidecart display is tracked as a /cart pageview, with a page title of "Sidecart". That should hopefully be enough for you to be able to filter the statistics in GA to target those people who viewed the Sidecart. I hope that helps!
  • It does help and it si indeed enough - I thought "/cart" was actually the full page cart and I was wondering how to track specifically the side cart, which is not really a page view in Google's terminology.

Thanks,