Troubleshooting bulk transaction exporter

njwfxnjwfx Member
I am using the bulk transaction exporter from here:
https://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/foxycart/bulk_transactions_exporter

I had two issues which I've resolved, but I'm posting here in case it helps someone else.

1. Delete failed

I try to use strong passwords and so by coincidence had chosen a password ending in a #

The way the password is used in the 'delete' function means it fails if the password ends in #

Not a very likely occurrence, but very confusing as the password works fine to generate the file, and only fails at the delete step

2. All money values in the file produced were whole numbers only instead of having two decimal places

This is because the exporter uses the php 'bcadd' and 'bcsub' functions. If your particular installation of PHP doesn't have these funtions included then the exporter will define them and all works OK

If your PHP installation DOES have 'bcadd' and 'bcsub' defined then they will be used with the default value of bcscale (which defines the number of decimal places to include). For your PHP this may or may not be 2. In my case it wasn't

To fix this I added
bcscale(2);

at the top of the process.php file.

And finally, in terms of security I felt it was better that the passphrase field be of type 'password' instead of 'text' so the passphrase would display as dots/asterisks

I changed this line in index.php
<input type="text" name="passphrase" id="passphrase" class="validate" />
to
<input type="password" name="passphrase" id="passphrase" class="validate" />

Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @njwfx Thanks for posting this! Those look like quick changes. We'll see if we can update the script on our end so others won't run into this in the future.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @njwfx,

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! We've just added a new version of the exporter to our wiki which includes your changes.
  • Thanks!