Shipping Warning on Cart

chesterpchesterp Member
in Help edited September 13
Hi Guys,

I wonder why am i getting this warning on the cart
http://files.smashstack.com/75uuvJ.

"UPS Error: Packages must weigh more than zero pounds. USPS Error: Please enter the package weight."

The product weight that I added is 5 lbs
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @chesterp,

Sorry to hear you're running into that error. Could you confirm for us what store this is for? We'd like to take a look at the store settings. If you'd prefer to keep it private, feel free to whisper that to me using the "Whisper" checkbox when replying.
  • @fc_adam

I just sent you privately the store, thank you for your immediate response.
    @chesterp,

Thanks for whispering the link - I believe I see what's happening here. Your categories are currently configured for flat rate delivery - were you wanting to offer dynamically calculated live rates for customers? If so - you'll want to switch to a live rate delivery for your categories.

The reason you're seeing the error that you are is because the store also has the "live rate shipping modification" snippet in the stores custom footer in the configuration. This snippet is causing the cart/checkout to attempt to fetch live rates - but as the store isn't actually configured for live rate delivery, it's resulting in the error you're seeing.

To correct - you could either switch the categories to be for live rate delivery, or remove the live rates modification snippet from your store's configuration.
  • @fc_adam

Thank you for your response, so it's not possible that this script on the footer will only run if the category is configured to live rate shipping? The problem is we have a mix of flat rate and live rate configuration for different categories.

So our only option is to set all categories either to flat or live rate?
    edited September 14
    @chesterp,

Ah sorry - I must have missed that one of your categories was using live rates still, when I checked through I only saw flat rate delivery options.

You can still include the live rates modification snippet, and wrap that in an if statement to check if there are any live rate shippable products present. That would look like this:
    {% if has_current_live_rate_shipping %}
    {# your code here #}
    {% endif %}
    That said though - we've just launched new functionality today that supports custom shipping code directly in the administration. This new functionality is directly replacing the existing flat rate and live rate snippets. We'll be doing some announcements and reaching out to stores who are using those snippets to assist with migrating over. If you needed to have the live rates snippet back in - I'd recommend moving over to our new functionality. You can see the new documentation (which is still being fleshed out a little) on the functionality here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/shipping/custom_code

If you'd like some help migrating your old live shipping modification snippet to the new functionality - if you could whisper me the code you had, we can help with that.