Checkout Password Safari Issues

loopedlooped Member
Hi,

Over the last fortnight I have had a number of issues with my client's customers not being able to complete their purchase.
The problems appear to relate to using the password field. Either entering it, updating it or attempting to register a new password.
Customer's browsers are freezing or macs are crashing.

I would be very grateful if you could look in to this as soon as you can.

Thank you,
Louise
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @looped,

Thanks for taking the time to post, as well as whispering the customer reports you've received.

I believe I've been able to replicate what these customers are describing. It looks like Safari can get into an infinite loop of trying to pre-fill the customer password (or a suggestion for a new password if a user account doesn't already exist in Safari).

We're looking into this to see if we can find a way to stop it from happening
  • Thank you for looking at this quickly. Much appreciated, since my client is obviously getting worried about it.
    That definitley looks like one of the main issues that has been described. A further customer has just contacted saying just that: "It just kept reloading an incorrect password" .

Thank you,
    Louise
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @looped,

Sorry, I missed updating on this thread. We've released an update that prevents the infinite loop in Safari. It will still try to autofill with a new strong password, but the customer simply needs to hit the "Not now" button in the Safari popup and they can interact with the form as normal.

Thanks again for posting about this.
  • Thank you very much.
    It is very good to hear you have found a solution to deal with this.