With sidecart my fixed footer jumps on on screen resize and often on mobile

yyhmsgyyhmsg Member
I can't show the dev store with the cart right now - but I use the same theme (built from the free coreui template) on https://theory.yinyanghouse.com/ (where this popping up of the footer doesn't happen).

Anyhow, when I click on the cart and sidecart slides in - after closing more often than not on mobile and sometimes on the desktop the fixed footer is about 50px or so above the bottom until the screen refreshes. This also happens at times on the desktop just with a simple screen resize --- both of these only happen on the dev store (same theme) where I have the foxycart code and I've never seen it on our other site without the fc code.

There is some type of javascript resizing that is not happening when the foxycart code is present, I'm looking for ideas on how to figure this out. Thanks!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @yyhmsg,

Thanks for posting - sorry to hear you're having issues with Sidecart affecting your site template. This can happen because of how the Sidecart is added to the page, it wraps the page in an element to allow it to be slid across. It tries to ensure that everything is returned to its original state - but there could be some situations that have been missed.

Is there any chance you could share your page with us privately? If yes - if you could whisper us a URL, we can take a closer look. You can whisper by checking the "whisper" checkbox when replying and entering my forum username.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @yyhmsg,

Thanks for whispering those details! Could you try adding the following javascript to your own website to see if it stops the behaviour you're seeing?
    <script>
    var FC = FC || {};
    FC.onLoad = function() {
    FC.client.on("sidecart-detach.done", function() {
    $(".app-footer").css("top", "");
    });
    };
    </script>
  • Yes that seems to fix it, thank you much!