Multi-ship support for TaxJar?

GeoffreyGeoffrey Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited December 6
I was just trying to integrate our FC store with TaxJar and was dismayed to discover that the integration does not currently support multi-ship, and cannot be used by us. The docs indicate that the only tax calculation service integration currently supporting multi-ship is AvaTax. I have a strong preference against using AvaTax because they are totally opaque about their pricing and require talking to a sales agent to even get set up with them. Not interested in that at all.

What is the problem here? Is TaxJar's API not able to handle multi-ship, or is it that you haven't had time to add support for multi-ship to the integration yet? I just looked around to see if TaxJar's integrations with any of the other major shopping carts support multi-ship, and it appears that Shopify and Magento do. If it's possible to add multi-ship support to your TaxJar integration, would you please do so?

I don't like being put in the position of having to either disable multi-ship (not an option!), or using AvaTax as the only integration supporting multi-ship.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hey @Geoffrey. Unfortunately, the multi-ship limitation is on TaxJar's end, not Foxy's. At least, that's what we heard from them just a week or two ago. I'll check again. I do see there's a plugin for Shopify but that looks like it might just be doing rates and not the reporting aspect of the TaxJar integration.

I understand your reluctance to go with AvaTax and their opaque pricing. We do have a good relationship with them if you'd like to talk to our partner rep (whom we talk with probably weekly, and is very helpful). I'm happy to introduce you. But I'll also check in with TaxJar again to make sure we're not misunderstanding what they've told us about multi-ship.
  • OK. Thanks for the info, Brett. That's disappointing. If you hear anything different from them, please let me know. I suppose I'll have to talk to AvaTax then if there really isn't any other option. Please send me the info for your contact there.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @Geoffrey, I sent some emails to intro you.