Site effects when changing Foxy version dropdown in account management

I'm upgrading cinemaquestinc.com from foxycart 0.7.2 to 2.0 and wondering what will happen to cdn.foxycart.com/cinemaquestinc/foxycart.complete.js when I select the new Foxy version in our Foxy account page. My goal is to have the new css and js available for local development and testing while the live site runs on the old version.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited December 2018
    @cinemaquestdev,

Thanks for posting - good question. There is a new version of the javascript/css for the store in 2.0 - which is just a single javascript file called loader.js that in turn loads in the necessary javascript and css for the store. As such, as soon as you update the store version to 2.0, the old includes will stop working and you'll want to add in the new file instead. After upgrading, the new file is available from the "Sample Code" section of the Foxy administration.

If you were looking to test locally, we would definitely recommend creating a development Foxy store instead, and use that for testing locally. Then when you're happy with everything - you can make the same changes to your live store to bring that up to 2.0 as well.

Reviewing things on our side - it looks like we provided an upgrade plan previously for this store, which if you haven't seen yet - would be worth reviewing. If you need an additional copy of that plan - if you could reach out to us via our helpdesk we can get you that again too.
  • Thank you, @fc_adam ! I haven't seen that upgrade plan. Could you give me some more direction on how to find it? I'll ask the account manager to look for more emails from your team. I'll also reach out to the help desk.

Please forgive the shotgun approach as the discount deadline is upcoming :)

I'll look for existing documentation on creating a development Foxy store, but any aid you provide will be appreciated.

Thanks again!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited December 2018
    @cinemaquestdev - sure thing - I'll whisper some additional details