The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Changing prices via inspect

bartekdcbartekdc Member
in Help edited March 12
Hello,

How can i prevent users from changing the price via inspect?
User can easly change the price of the shoe from the default price to anything he wants (ie. from 100$ to 1$) using inspect tools built into the browser
And then foxycart checkout goes to payment gateway with any price user wants, how can i prevent this? This doesn't make sense to use foxycart at all
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @bartekdc,

Thanks for posting to ask. At its core, FoxyCart products are simply links or forms which describe the products attributes. This does mean that if someone was savvy with browser inspection tools, they could try to alter some of those attributes to change the values.

We do have a feature though which can be used to sign the values at what they should be to prevent the ability to alter them. You can see details on our link and form signing functionality on our wiki here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/price_validation. With that in place, a nefarious user wouldn't be able to change the values, as the product would fail to be added to the cart.

I hope that helps!