Spoof email warning

JBurnsJBurns Member
in Help edited March 23
There is a post from December about the Google "spoof email" warning that is getting attached to the bcc emails that I get from foxycart. I want to try to eliminate this and just wanted to see if someone could confirm how to do this. My domain is registered with GoDaddy and I use GSuite for my email. To add a DNS record in GoDaddy you input the "Host" and input the "Text" in separate boxes. As I understand it from the post and the foxy.io WIKI on this, to get rid of the spoof message I need to do the following:

1) check the "enable email DNS" on my foxy.io settings

2) create a new txt file in GoDaddy DNS management with "@" as the host (goes to the main domain as I understand it) and "v=spf1 include:_spf.foxycart.com include:_spf.efulfillment.com" as the text

3) create a new txt file in GoDaddy DNS management with "smtpapi._domainkey.designmod.com" as the host and "k=rsa; t=s; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDPtW5iwpXVPiH5FzJ7Nrl8USzuY9zqqzjE0D1r04xDN6qwziDnmgcFNNfMewVKN2D1O+2J9N14hRprzByFwfQW76yojh54Xu3uSbQ3JP0A7k8o8GutRF8zbFUA8n0ZH2y0cIEjMliXY4W4LwPA7m4q0ObmvSjhd63O9d8z1XkUBwIDAQAB" as the text

Can someone confirm if this is the correct way to do this?

Thanks
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @JBurns,

Thanks for posting - I'm glad you were able to find the information on our wiki for getting the email DNS configured for your store.

I'd suggest completing the first step last, as the "enable email DNS" setting is reliant on those DNS configurations being present when enabled.

For step 2, if you're already using GSuite for your email, you should already have a SPF record configured as part of that set up. In that case, you can simply modify your existing SPF record to include our SPF include as well. Alternatively, you can also follow the steps on Google's documentation for that.

The approach you've detailed though does look generally correct. Let us know if you run into any issues though, we're happy to help as best we can.