Will the real MWS Auth Token please stand up?

RustyDustyRustyDusty Member
in Help edited April 8
Using Amazon Pay, trying to test a transaction with a test account. I have been struggling with an invalid error
Error: There was an error processing your payment: AuthToken is not valid for SellerId and AWSAccountId.
First I thought it was the MWS Account Information-->Secret Access Key

But that did not work.

Then I added the MWSAuthToken of my solution provider (FoxyCart)

That doesn't work either.

Which one is it?
Oh yeah and my IPN settings are good. And FoxyCart is whitelisted in my amazon seller account.

What is not clear to me is why do Amazon directions state:
"In Seller Central, in MWS Account Information, click the Show Secret button under Secret Access Key. Copy your MWS Secret Access Key to the MWS Auth Token field on the FoxyCart admin configuration page."

But the FoxyCart directions say:
"To obtain the MWS AuthToken click the “Show Secret” button. It should be in the format of amzn.mws.xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx"

Well the MWS Secret Access Key doesn't have a "amzn.mws.xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx" format but the solution provider secret does. So which is it?
Any help would be appreciated as neither works, whether it's the MWS Secret Access Key or the MWS AuthToken Secret.
Comments
  • Do I need to add the MWS Access Key ID anywhere?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @RustyDusty,

We've offered some suggestions in your other thread on this too - but I wanted to post one suggestion quickly for the Amazon recommended approach to connect your store to Amazon Pay.

Instead of getting the values manually, Amazon recommend using the flow that is initiated by clicking the "Connect To Amazon" button from the payments page. This will allow you to log in to your Amazon account and ensure that all of the required permissions are added to your account so that we can connect to it, and it will automatically return the right credentials that we need.

To restart that approach, you can uncheck the Amazon Pay option, save the settings, and then re-enable Amazon Pay. That will then provide the button to "Connect to Amazon", and you can follow the path detailed on our wiki here.

I believe you may also have multiple payment sets active on your store. You'll want to make sure you're looking at the correct payment set too. Unless you're planning on needing to be able to have different orders using completely different payment options though - you can just rely on the default payment set.

I hope that helps!
  • It does help. Thank you.
  • I restarted the approach as you recommended. I had done so before with no success. It was a little different this time with Amazon asking me if I wanted to transfer credentials to FoxyCart.

Now the checkout experience works like a charm. I tested each link. No hitch.
    Also the client ID is nothing like any of the id's in my Amazon account. It's as if the system generated a special ID.

Anyway, can you help me with a somewhat superficial problem? I'd like the slide effect to the right, the 'modal' effect? I don't get that at all. How do I make sure it happens every time?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @RustyDusty. I'm glad to hear it's working properly now. The Amazon Pay setup does indeed require very specific steps followed, so it's a bit different than most other systems.

For the sidecart issue, that's probably either just the loader.js not being included in your site, or a javascript issue of some kind. Probably best to start a new thread for that one :)
  • ok