email-adress?

danyalxydanyalxy Member
in Help
short question: want to integrate foxy with webflow and am wondering if i get an e-mail-address? because i will not use the webflow-ecommerce-plan.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @danyalxy,

Would I be correct in saying that you're wondering if we provide a store specific email address that you can use to receive emails from customers? If so - that's not something that we offer as a feature for Foxy. We have settings for the store where you can enter your own email address to be used as the store email address that we send emails from - but it's an email address you need to have set up on your side.

If I've misunderstood your question though, if you could clarify what the email address would be for, we're happy to help further.
  • danyalxydanyalxy Member
    no this is exactly what i meant! thank you for answering. sorry for being unclear in my question.
    okay so i have to check if webflow provides me this email-address in the basic plan...
    ah just one additional question for clarification:
    We have settings for the store where you can enter your own email address to be used as the store email address that we send emails from..
    so that means that the customer will see this exact email? because in shopify i had the possibility to change how this email-address appears in front of the customer. i would like to attach an image but don't know how haha

so look: if my emailadress is for instance: blablastore@gmail.com
    in shopify i had the possibility to change it into: support@blablastore.com
    so it looks more professional in the eyes of the customer.

so this is what i'm asking for. :)
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @danyalxy,

Ah, thanks for clarifying what you're looking for.

The setting I referred to in Foxy is purely used to set what the "from" and "reply-to" emails are for the email receipts we send out. The email entered there needs to exist as an active inbox that can receive emails.

I believe what you're referring to with Shopify is their email forwarding feature. If you buy a domain through them with your store, they support forwarding emails sent to an address at that domain to a different email. That wouldn't support sending email from that same email domain though, it would require a third-party email service of some kind.

As we don't manage the website, and by association the website's domain, that's not a feature that we can easily provide.

This thread on Webflow's forum might help you with getting an email account created for your domain that is pointed to Webflow for the hosting: https://forum.webflow.com/t/how-to-set-up-email-when-hosting-with-webflow/36044?u=samliew
    yiah exactly that's what i meant. so thank you very much for your reply! :smile: