Foxy Cart Webflow Integration & Cloneable Template Troubleshooting

HemeticHemetic Member
Hey There,

I'm hoping to switch my webflow ecommerce site to a Foxy Cart integration, but can't seem to get the side cart to work at all. Initially I tried implementing it directly on our test site, but after struggling for an afternoon I reluctantly decided to attempt to start from scratch using the Foxy Cart template. Unfortunately, that didn't work either. Now, I have questions:

1. For Foxy Cart to work properly (especially with the side cart feature), do all Webflow E-commerce functions need to be disabled? (This is big because Webflow won't let you disable their E-commerce functionality once it's been enabled).

2. Are there any additional or specific pages that need to be setup for Foxy Cart to work properly with Webflow? The YouTube tutorial focuses on setting up collections and products, but the cloneable Webflow template has a number of other pages that aren't mentioned in the setup video, such as checkout, cart, cart include, etc.

3. Lastly, despite considering a clone of the Foxy Cart template a "fail safe" option, I've been struggling to even make that work with the side cart feature. To make matter more confusing, I've noticed that when I look at my cloned version in Designer mode, the pricing of items extends for numerous decimal points (see attached image). When viewing the read only version, this is not the case. As such, I'm wondering if the template is no longer valid, and if not, what I can do to move forward.

Comments
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hi @Hemetic.
    Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. I have responded to each of your question below.

1) Having Webflow Ecommerce features enabled shouldn't affect your Foxy integration or elements.

2) The extra pages that you mentioned are specific to setting up custom Foxy templates in Webflow. I'll message you more info on that. These template pages are completely optional. The minimum requirement to use Foxy is a link or form. Here are some examples: https://www.foxy.io/#start

3) To confirm, the template is still active and relevant. Generally, Webflow users use it for examples or as a boilerplate, but many don't use it at all. The decimal issue you mentioned was already fixed in a recent update to the template. It was simply a change in the field formatting in the CMS.

For the sidecart issue, it's probably as simple as updating your Foxy store subdomain. I'll message you privately for a link to confirm.

Thanks,
    Josh