Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

When a buyer changes their general payment info, does it perpetuate to existing subscriptions?

AntonSyAntonSy Member
in General edited June 2019
Hi,

It looks like FoxyCart automatically sends a "Your payment card will expire soon; please change it" e-mail, which links to the general "manage payment info" page on our store (i.e. /cart?cart=updateinfo ). If a customer changes their payment method there, does that change perpetuate to all their existing subscriptions which use the old payment method? I imagine that it does, but I'm just checking to be sure!
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @AntonSy,

Good question. If a customer has multiple subscriptions configured with a credit/debit card through a normal payment gateway, updating the payment card entered will change that for each of the customers subscriptions that use that credit/debit gateway.

If any subs are using other payment methods - such as Amazon Pay or PayPal, the payment methods won't be changed on those subscriptions.

I hope that helps!
  • Thanks, Adam; that sounds perfectly sensible.