How to have cart page open on a new page

Our client is looking to have the cart page open onto a new page, that way customers don't lose track of the page as a whole. I'm wondering if there is a way to do this?I'm on the latest version of the store, and I can include a link to the page if need be
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @connor_wilson
    Can you whisper me a link? It sounds like you're not using the default sidecart approach? That's what we'd generally recommend.
    @connor_wilson Nice site! Looks really good
    I'm a little confused, though. Currently, after selecting a donation amount, it goes straight to checkout. Are you wanting to display the cart instead, and _not_ send the donor to the checkout at that point?

If so, you'd likely want to look at this page:
    https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/json#making_a_jsonp_call_to_the_cart
    The add-to-cart would be handled via javascript, you'd get back JSON, and you'd display the cart how you want. Does that make sense?
  • I want it to work like "target='_blank'" does for anchor tags, so when they hit "donate" a tab/window opens with the rest of the checkout process. It's heading to the right page.

Also thanks! There's almost 5 calls for foxycart on like every page so y'all have been life savers.
    Ah, well, I have good news for you :)
    Just put `target="_blank"` on your `form` tag :)

Also, depending on what you're after, you may want to add an empty=true, in case people accidentally add multiple donations to their cart without realizing.
  • Oh okay nice! I never knew about either of those, You've been super helpful! Thank!!