Subscription Cancelled Webhook

I'm working on integrating foxycart into mailchimp using the webhook system. But as I'm working with the subscription cancelled webhook, i can't find any documentation mentioning it as being a JSON webhook.

I found this:
https://docs.foxycart.com/v/2.0/subscription_xml_datafeed
But I would need (well, like) a json version.
I'm using php to forward the foxycart data on to the mailchimp api, which I have done successfully for the transaction webhook.

I'm using store version 2.0.
Comments
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    Hi @connor_wilson -

We do have a Subscription Cancelled option in the webhook on this page: https://admin.foxycart.com/admin.php?ThisAction=AddIntegration under JSON WEBHOOK.

There is a a current issue in with our developers with the webhook that sends the cancellations. We have a fix in our QA currently, so barring any major issues, this should be working soon. We'll update this thread when it's ready.

Hope that helps.
  • So for right now, if a subscription is cancelled the webhook doesn't fire. Is that correct?
  • I only ask because I'm removing the fake subscriptions from the admin dashboard, and I don't seem to get anything from the webhook. Does that still fire the webhook?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @connor_wilson,

That's right, there is something affecting the subscription cancelled webhook that is preventing it from firing consistently. Once that's fixed we'll update you here, but also update our documentation to detail that webhook.

To confirm - the sub cancelled webhook will fire when the subscription actually cancels on its end date. A customer completing a sub_cancel checkout won't trigger it, but when it actually ends on the end date set (which would either be tomorrow or the next renewal date, depending on the store configuration), it will trigger then.

That also means to have the event triggered by manually cancelling via the admin, you'd need to set an end date and let our normal processing make it inactive, rather than unchecking the active checkbox manually.
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    @connor_wilson

Just wanted to let you know that we've rolled out a fix to the cancellation webhook issues, so you should see that start working.