Subscription Cancellation Webhook

alanalan Member
Hi,

We are having an issue where subscription cancellations are being registered by our OrderDesk integration as a transaction.

From the integrations page, OrderDesk is listed under the "Current Integrations" heading, set up through your OAuth system.

Can you please advise on how we can filter subscription modifications that are passed to OrderDesk through this integration? In the JSON webhooks, I would want to filter any data that comes through based on "transaction_type". I'm not sure if this is a field in our OrderDesk integration. Furthermore, it is also not listed as a field in OrderDesk that can be parsed.

Can you please let me know what field OrderDesk can use to filter these subscription modifications / cancellations? Also could you point me to the documentation for this OAuth type of integration?

Thanks,

Alan

We are using 2.0.
Comments
  • alanalan Member
    edited July 30
    After further investigation, I found the below XML from OrderDesk that was delivered to them upon a subscription cancellation. How is OrderDesk supposed to know that this is a sub cancellation and not a transaction? I see the "subscription_enddate" field, but can you advise on how to have OrderDesk parse this XML in order to filter it into a non-transaction folder? With the current setup, customers are getting shipped products that they didn't pay for whenever they cancel their subscriptions.

• fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @alan,

Good question. We don't have any filtering on our side to stop specific types of transactions sending, it would need to be on the receiving end that transactions are handled accordingly. As such, we'd recommend reaching out to OrderDesk to discuss filtering options with them. I'm pretty sure this kind of query has come up before, and the team at OrderDesk had a solution for filtering out subscription cancellations - but I could be wrong on that.

You mentioned about the JSON webhooks - we do have a transaction_type attribute included in the payload. I'm not sure if OrderDesk currently utilise our JSON webhooks though, or if they rely on just our legacy XML datafeed and our API.

If just the latter - a subscription cancellation can be detected by the subscription end date being set to either tomorrow or the subscriptions next renewal date, and the order total being $0.

I hope that helps! Let us know if we can provide any further details.