The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Hiding elements in the Checkout

MattJMattJ Member
Hi,

I'm wanting to hide the 'Weight' field in the checkout (which appears underneath the product name), it has no relevance for my particular product (although I'm using custom shipping code, so need to be using live shipping rates option). Can someone please advise on how to achieve this?

Also, since I have only one shipping option per destination, it makes no sense to display the '3. Shipping Method' section in the checkout, since it's duplicated on the right hand side, in the summary. How do I go about achieving this, please?

Many thanks in advance,
Matt
Tagged:
Comments
  • MattJMattJ Member
    I've worked out how to hide the 'Weight' field, so just need an answer to the second question, which was "Since I have only one shipping option per destination, it makes no sense to display the '3. Shipping Method' section in the checkout, since it's duplicated on the right hand side, in the summary." How do I go about achieving this, please?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @MattJ,

I'm glad you were able to get the weight hidden. For future reference for anyone who finds this thread looking for the same answer - on the "configuration" page of the Foxy administration, the "Customise cart display" option allows you to hide default and custom product options in cart/checkout/receipt.

For the shipping method - we don't have a native option for hiding that when only one rate is present, but you could complete some customisations to do that.

You'll want to make sure it's being auto-selected, which you can do with some custom code like shown on this page: https://pastebin.com/raw/N2wc11wK. You would include that code in the "footer" textarea of the "Add custom header and footer code to your templates" option on the "configuration" page in the admin.

You could then hide the shipping section using CSS. Note that if you hide that section, and for whatever reason there is an error attributed to the shipping section (for example if it's not automatically selected correctly), the customer won't be able to checkout, but also won't be able to see/fix the error as it will be hidden.

I hope that helps!