The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

A very strange request - remove the buy it buttons?

Hi All,

I know this is a strange request, but is it possible to remove the buy button from foxy cart? I am new to foxy cart.

Per my CEO, she wants to remove the "buy it" and "finance it" buttons on our website, https://www.smartfit.rocks/products/smartfit-strike-targets

We temporarily want to disable these options but we still want to show the products.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @MikeVendia,

Interesting question!

As Foxy doesn't manage your products for you, the answer for your question will be in however you're managing/outputting your products on the website. Potentially you'll need to edit the product templates to not output the two purchase options, or you could add some custom CSS to your site to hide them that way.

If it's just a quick temporary thing - the CSS approach might be your best bet. As a quick example, something like this could do it (but you'd want to test to make sure it doesn't impact other aspects of your website):
    <style>
    .product-block1 .form-group, .product-block1 .btn-primary {
    display: none;
    }
    </style>
  • Thank you @fc_adam,

I will talk to my CEO, give this a shot, and report back.

Mike.