The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

My Cart is broken. Help!

swensorswensor Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited April 2009
Go here: http://www.centralpt.com/pageview.aspx?id=28475

The cart looks functional but i cannot seem to finish the checkout. I had this problem before but it went away spontaneously, now its back. I am having this in IE, FF, and Safari, and across multiple test accounts I have set up. Any ideas what the problem is? Can you complete checkout?
Comments
  • Oh an interesting tidbit... I can complete the checkouts here: http://www.foxycart.com/examples-of-seo-xhtml-ecommerce.html

Why would I be able to do these but not the ones constructed from sample code on my stores? Are my stores configured improprerly??
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    edited April 2009
    Hi Swensor.
    What's the problem you're seeing, exactly? What's not working? Errors? Inaction? Something else?

I just checked out no problem, fwiw.
  • Hey Brett,

So I can checkout with an existing account (eg kamikaziri@gmail.com), but I can no longer create new accounts. This only happens on my stores. I checked out my co workers computer, same problem. When I try to checkout with a new account I completely fill out the shipping/billing form and then I hit "complete order" and there is no reaction. In IE, I get JS errors, in Firefox and Safari there is no response whatsoever. Thanks

swensor
  • Hey,

So this might help. I am getting the following error in IE: "Can't move foxus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type that does not accept the focus."

I am currently remoting to a Windows XP box hosted by Browsercam, and I have the same problem. I don't see what the difference between this and the example stores are, have you seen anything like this before??

swensor
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Swensor, I was able to checkout just fine as well using FF and IE. It might be an issue specific to IE. I'm seeing some strange stuff on your cart page. It has no doctype so you should probably set one as that can cause problems. Also, I noticed there wasn't a title tag. The automagic cache script expects that so you might want to add it to your pages.

If you have any other specific details where you can reproduce this, please let us know.
  • Hey all,

So when the total price of the transaction is 0, I cant checkout with a new account, only an existing one. When the transaction price is greater than 0, I can checkout with both new and existing accounts. Try going here: http://dev.devcentralpt.com/test/shtuff.aspx and checking out with a new account. Can you do it? Its not a huge deal but it makes testing a tiny bit hard since I assumed I was supposed to do value-less transactions. Anywho, I think I have it figured out, thanks.

Riley
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Riley.
    Thanks for bringing that up. For some reason it sounds familiar to me, but we didn't have a ticket logged for it, so now we do. Thanks for diagnosing that. We'll try to get it fixed as quickly as we are able.

As far as testing goes, you can test with any amount you want so long as you're using a test gateway and using an appropriate test cart. Most of those can be found on the wiki. Some gateways require certain dollar amounts or they'll give you specific errors (for testing), but most allow any value.