The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

DIBS integration language

zlbzlb Member
Hello,
Yet another question from me about the DIBS integration.

Right now on our checkout the language from Foxycart isn't being communicated correctly to DIBS. From their documentation it looks like the optional "lang" parameter can be used to set what langauge the DIBS checkout is displayed in. Can you confirm if the current Foxycart integration passes this parameter and if not, if that is something that could be set up?

DIBS documentation: https://tech.dibspayment.com/D2/Hosted/Input_parameters/Standard

Thanks,
Zachary
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @zlb,

Thanks for reaching out! Looking at our integration, we are currently passing the lang parameter as part of the request to DIBS. Reviewing a recent transaction for your store where the customer was viewing the checkout with your default Swedish language, we passed a value of lang=sv to DIBS.

Could we confirm with you the situation where you're not seeing the language carried over to DIBS? If you could detail the steps to replicate (feel free to whisper those if you'd prefer to keep them private), we can take a closer look to see what might be happening.
  • zlbzlb Member
    Hi @fc_adam,
    Thanks for looking into this.
    All transactions when I test go through as Swedish even if they should be English. To duplicate the error put any item in the cart, enter a UK shipping address, and click through to DIBS payment: https://hilleberg.com/eng/tent/tent-accessories/?country=GB
    Also live transaction W00818, W00816, and W00805 should have all gone through as English. If you could take a look at those and see what value was passed that would be great.
    Thanks,
    Zachary
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited September 30
    @zlb,

Thanks for the additional details - in testing that, we are passing the language as sv when it should be en. I believe our integration is incorrectly getting the store's default locale, rather than the current template sets locale (which is en_GB for your link above).

I'll ticket this on our side to correct, and we'll follow-up as we have an update there. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.