Image Cache

danielwdanielw Member
in Help edited December 2007
I know this must be an incredibly easy problem to solve, but I seem to be unable to replace the standard cart button images with my own ones.

Could someone please enlighten me as to how that is done?

Thanks.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Daniel. Brett's the expert on this one, so I'll let him answer it... Just realized we don't have a very clear wiki page on that. Any die-hard foxy fans out there feel like updating our wiki?
  • Cheers Luke, I hope Brett can help me out.

I am seriously impressed with the usability of FoxyCart so far. Keep up the good work.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks Daniel!

Sorry I can't be more helpful... Brett's the go-to-guy for making things look pretty. As far as I know, I think all you need to do is include your own css file. A great example is http://ellieandollie.com/. They have CSS that uses custom images for both the cart and the checkout. Just do a view source on those files and it should give you some ideas as to what needs to happen. Also, the automagiccache (our funny name for the cool image/javascript/css caching system we build) should pull your include file in for you.

Hope that helps.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hey Daniel.

The quick version is: Make sure you include your own CSS _after_ the FoxyCart CSS, and use Firebug to figure out what's going on.

The "standard" theme is intentionally "locked down", as the intent was to make a theme that wouldn't break regardless of other CSS you have on your site. This makes it a bit more difficult to tweak, but using Firebug will go a _long_ way in helping you figure out which declarations are affecting which elements.

If you need more detailed help, let me know. We probably need some docs on our wiki detailing the process.