Store/Account Best Practices

jthomejthome Member
in General edited May 2009
Hi,

I am interested in using Foxy Cart as the shopcart/gateway for a client of mine. My question is if it's better for me to create an account at FC or have my client create his own account. I would prefer that his cc info is used for the monthly FC billing, so I'm assuming the latter is preferred. Unfortunately I already set up a test store so if it's the latter, I will need to have you delete that store.

Thanks,

Jim
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    You can do it a few ways, and right now we don't have any interface for you to control users and store access, but we'll get to building the front-end eventually. Please vote for it here in the meantime:
    http://requests.foxycart.com/

That said, it's usually best to do this:
    -- Create everything you need with your own account.
    -- Once you're ready, tell your users to create a new admin account but do NOT create a store. (Or you can do this for them and give them the credentials.)
    -- Once that's done whisper to us the user and store you'd like to connect. We'll validate the request and make it happen.

At that point the client can login themselves and pay as necessary.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Also, it is definitely best to have your client pay for their own store. We've had a few confusing situations where we end up having to manage third-party relationships (a client's client) and we don't even know who they are. Generally speaking, the billing email address and billing contact information needs to match the payment card.

Also worth noting, the admin store logins and the payment checkout for FoxyCart are two separate accounts.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Jim.
    I actually can't find any record of that account. Can you have him set up another admin account (but no store) and let us know when it's done?
  • FoxyChrisFoxyChris FoxyCart Team
    Hi Jim.

The store is now linked to the owner's account. Access has been granted. When you are ready have Bill log in and setup his payment information to begin the subscription.

Thank you for choosing FoxyCart

-Chris
  • Howdy Chris. :)