Please help - XML not posting

ChuckTrukkChuckTrukk Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited May 2009
I am trying to get the XML feed working.

What I've tried:
- test script to save the XML as a file
- a modified test with test_xml_write_to_file file
- an exact copy (minus datafed) with test_xml_write_to_file

The problem:
- The Advanced Feed settings are not being saved.
- I click 'Advanced'
- I update my feed settings
- I click save
- Foxycart/admin says 'Congratulations its saved...'
- I click on 'Advanced' to view my settings
--- but some old settings are there
--- my new settings are not there
--- now this is immediately after I saved my Feed settings

I think FC is not saving my Feed settings into the DB. Could someone please help/email/IM. Something?!?!

Chuck
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Sorry for the frustration, Chuck. This was definitely our bad. On the 14th we made a change to the admin to remove the datafeed drop down list for version 051 and it ended up breaking this part of the admin.

Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention. We fixed it and it should be working correctly now.
  • Thanks Luke
  • Ok. Maybe another bug. Maybe i'm on the blacklist...

Problem:
    - I turn on the datafeed
    - foxy is the only thing echoed
    - The XML file is saved to the server
    - Foxy turns the XML feed off
    -- I do not get an error from foxycart saying the datafeed was turned off
    -- Foxycart Admin does not show any XML errors

I was getting emails and errors when I was trying to save to the database. I turned that off. So now there are no errors. I checked the test post. It's working. Only returning foxy. PHP errors are turned off as well and saved to seperate log file.

UPDATE: I did receive emails from Foxycart saying the datafeed was turned off. But there are no errors showing in the Foxy Admin Errors page.
  • Update 2:

I wouldnt be surprised if it's a problem with the size of the data. There are a lot of orders in here.
  • ChuckTrukkChuckTrukk Member
    edited May 2009
    Update 3:
    It's only sending the first 150 every time and only 150 transactions every time.

Update 4:
    I moved the dataprocessor to another server. Same error. Only receiving the first 150, then the datafeed is turned off.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    If it's erroring it won't consider the first 150 actually "fed", so it is correct to keep sending them. The issue is that it's either not returning just "foxy" like it should be, or somehow there's an issue on our end.

Update: There appears to be another issue. I'll discuss with you privately.