The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

How to remove saved credit cards

swensorswensor Member
in Help edited June 2009
Hey all,

How would I go about removing a saved credit card from a foxycart account? I accidentally saved my personal CC info for an account that is not mine in testing an auth-only transaction. I don't want this customer to be able to use my card, what should I do? Is there a way for people to do this to their own accounts if they so please? Thanks!

Swensor
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Swensor.
    You could use the API, and that'd probably be the most "official" way to do this, but the other way would be to flip the store to test mode and run another quick transaction with a test card. Then flip it back to live. Would that work for you?
  • I think the api sounds proper, I'll take that option. I am trying to post "cc_number" with the api and it does not make the change... what else do I need to do?

Swensor
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey swensor. I was looking through the code and it looks like we only save the card after a few basic checks. If you send an empty string, it won't actually save anything. I've been thinking about this and we'll probably come up with a keyword for the API in the future so it knows to clear out a value. In the mean time, to clear out the cc number, just send a test one like 4111111111111111. Will that work for you?