"bill me later"

mallmediamallmedia Member
in General edited June 2009
I was wondering if there is a way to have an 'invoice' option in which the customer puts their order in and just receives the email that the order is being processed and that they will be billed later?

Thanks,
Nikki
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Nikki.
    The "Purchase Order" payment option is what you're looking for. It's only available to paying stores, but that's pretty much exactly what you're describing.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Also worth noting is that our latest version (051) supports AUTH_ONLY for most of the payment gateways so you can authorize the transaction even though you haven't charged the payment card yet. You can then charge it manually in your gateway admin.
  • Thanks,

I'm dumb... where do you find the purchase order option? I looked under payments and cant seem to see it?

Also want to make sure that with the purchase order, the customer DOES NOT have to enter in a credit card number? Just submit their order and our team will be in touch with them to receive cheques etc.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    It's under your "Store -> Payment" section in your FC admin. You have to have a paid store to access it though.

With the PO payment option they will have to enter something in the PO field, but you can kind of work around this pretty easily:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/faqs#can_i_hide_the_purchase_order_field_i_want_to_invoice_them_later_and_don_t_need_a_po
  • Ok, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to implement the po code (to omit the po).

I tried entering it in my checkout templete and it doesn't seem to work? I've tried every spot possible on there and still no luck?

The Wiki says "Just add some love like this" Where should I add the love?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    What store version are you on? If you're on 051, you'll need to replace $j with jQuery. Do you see any errors in FireBug?