Different currency for same store

mallmediamallmedia Member
in General edited June 2009
Is there a way to have more than one currency available for one store?

My company is selling to different parts of the world and has different prices for Canada, US, UK, and Australia. When the company purchases something, we want to display their order in their currency (dollars or pounds).

We are only creating purchase orders, so online transactions do not need to be applied.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Not currently, but it's something I'm personally very keen to do. It's a little complex, and not all gateways support multiple currencies (and very few merchants actually want it), so it's not a high priority, but it is on the list:
    http://requests.foxycart.com/pages/4162-general-requests/suggestions/223883-support-for-multiple-currencies

Please vote for it. The alternative (and some stores are doing this) is to create multiple FoxyCart stores and set which will be used based on geo-location or explicit visitor choice (and set a cookie so that it sticks). Then the issue becomes more a gateway question. Obviously not ideal, but it will work if you really need it at this point. And if you're doing POs then it'd be a LOT easier to manage.
  • Hi Brett,

Thanks for the feedback.

To create more stores, would I not have to pay additional activation fee's? Or is their a way around that if I am using the same foxycart domain for all stores?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    It would have to be separate domains in order to have separate stores (which currently would be separate fees).