PSIGate

sccrwoohoosccrwoohoo Member
in General edited July 2009
On see on the list of gateways - PSIGate (Canada) - we have it for US, will it work?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi sccrwoohoo.
    That's a good question. PSiGate isn't widely used by FoxyCart users, and we haven't tested in the US. If you happen to have a contact there you could probably ask them if their Canadian and US accounts use separate systems, or if they're the same system. My hunch would be that it should be fine for US accounts, but that's only a hunch based on how other gateways have tended to work across borders.

If you find out anything, let us know. If you'd like for us to followup with them, let us know and we'll do what we can.
  • sccrwoohoosccrwoohoo Member
    edited July 2009
    I received one of the XML settings for their XMLMessenger from the client yesterday and it looks like the difference between the two options is a different StoreID and PassPhrase between the US and Canadian accounts, but everything else is the same.

So it would seem that it would work - we would be willing to test this for you.

Also it would appear that I would have to have two different FoxyCart accounts -- is there a way that I could have one, but enter multiple storeID's and PassPhrase (I'm assuming this is their language for username/password).
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Oh, are you asking about having one store that's doing two different gateways? I'm assuming you need this so you can have two different currencies? This is coming up more and more often, but currently we don't have an elegant solution. Multi-currency support is something I very much want (personally), however, so it's definitely on our minds. Please vote for it here:
    http://requests.foxycart.com/

At this point what you'd need would be two stores, since a store can only have one gateway per store. What you could then do is something like this:
    www.smallhd.com
    Or you could dynamically determine the country by geo-IP lookup. Set a cookie and load the correct FoxyCart store based on that.